Community Development - Economic Development
Businesses considering West Chester for an expansion or location of a new facility are eligible for a number of local, state and federal incentive programs. Program eligibility is typically based on the amount and type of investment and the number of jobs being created/retained by the project. Once eligibility is determined, West Chester Development Council will assist companies in accessing these programs for projects within West Chester.
Business incentive programs are generally classified into two categories: public financing programs and tax incentive programs. Public financing programs aim to encourage investment and job creation/retention through the increased availability of, or the reduction in the cost of capital. Tax incentive programs aim to encourage investment and job creation/retention through the reduction of future tax liabilities, or the awarding of refundable tax credits.
Public Financing Programs
|Program||Small Business Development Center Program||One-Stop Business Permit Center|
|Eligibility||Existing or start-up small businesses||Business start-ups or expansions|
|Incentive/Benefit||SBDC's provide free and confidential in-depth counseling, business planning, development, training and other specialized support services to small businesses through a network of 38 centers throughout Ohio||Provides comprehensive information on permits required for business start-ups and expansions in the State of Ohio. Start-up kits are tailored for specific businesses, with more than 270 variations available|
|Contact||Cincinnati SBDC (513) 948-2082, Ohio Department of Development, Ohio Small Business Development Center Program (614) 466-2711||Ohio Department of Development, One-Stop Business Permit Center (800) 248-4040|
Economic Development Resources, such as Certified Development Companies (CDC), exist to support business development and growth within their community or region. Types of assistance offered include low cost financing, such as the SBA 504 Loan Program, site finding and statistical research.
Access Business Development & Finance, Inc.
Director: Peter Theobald
7370 Liberty One Drive
Liberty Township, Ohio 45044
Web site: www.accessbdf.com
A new company founded in May 2008. It is the merger of two highly successful and highly respected Certified Development Companies: the Certified Development Company of Butler County, Inc. and the Certified Development Corporation of Warren County, Inc. The merger has allowed ABDF to become an even more competitive and outstanding provider of financing and technical resources for small businesses in the State of Ohio. The combination of technical and financial resources from both companies has made Access Business Development & Finance, Inc. the strongest possible business partner for you.
HCDC is also responsible for micro loan programs and the Ohio 166 loan in Butler and Warren counties.
Business incubators provide start-up and fledgling companies with business and management assistance, affordable space, and shared support services. They are an alternative to the office at home or the long-term lease.
20 High Street
Hamilton, Ohio 45011
Cincinnati Business Incubator
1634 Central Parkway
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
The Small Business Development Centers of Ohio (SBDC) provide free, confidential, in-depth business consulting to pre-venture, start-up, and existing small business throughout the state. Ohio's more than 30 SBDC's also serve as a clearinghouse of federal, state and local regulation information affecting small businesses. The SBDC program is provided through a partnership between the Ohio Department of Development, U.S. Small Business Administration and several of Ohio's chambers of commerce, colleges and universities.
Region 5 - Southwest Ohio
The Ohio SBDC at University of Cincinnati
7162 Reading Road, Suite 725
Cincinnati, Ohio 45237
The Ohio SBDC at Clermont County Chamber of Commerce
553 Chamber Drive
Milford, Ohio 45150
The Ohio SBDC at Mid-Miami Valley Chamber of Commerce
1500 Central Avenue
Middletown, Ohio 45044
The Ohio Manufacturing, Defense & Technology SBDC at TechSolve
1111 Edison Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio 45216
Phone: 800.345.4482 or 513.948.2064
Cincinnati B.D.S., Inc.
7165 Reading Road, Suite 630
Cincinnati, Ohio 45237
PTAC of Ohio at Cincinnati TechSolve
1111 Edison Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio 45216
Phone: 800.345.4482 or 513.948.2083
Other Business Resources on the Web...
Ohio and Federal
- From the Internal Revenue Service, a Small Business/Self Employed One Stop Business Resource, www.irs.gov/smallbiz
- State of Ohio Workers Compensation, www.bwc.state.oh.us
- State of Ohio Government and Information Services, www.state.oh.us
- State of Ohio Secretary of State, www.state.oh.us/sos
- Ohio's 1st Stop Business Connection, from the State of Ohio website, www.odod.state.oh.us/onestop/index.cfm
- Ohio's eCorridor, a place where excellence defines the business climate. In the eCorridor, innovative thought and technology combine with every possible business advantage. Part of the www.connectohio.com/ecorridor website.
- Ohio Department of Development, www.odod.state.oh.us
- How to obtain an EIN from the IRS, www.irs.gov
Across the Net
- The Small Business Administration is a one-stop resource for information about starting and growing your business: www.irs.gov/businesses/small/index
- The Center for Business Planning offers software, samples and strategy for creating an effective plan for your business: www.businessplans.org
- From the Business Owners' Idea Cafe, all the information you need regarding financing your business, including information on grants, a budget calculator and much more: www.businessownersidecafe.com
- From the experts at www.about.com, resources to help you find money for your business - from getting a loan to finding the right investor.
- Legal information and resources on topics ranging from Small Business, Will and Estate Planning, Trademarks and Copyright law, Employment law and more from www.nolo.com.
- Resources for Woman Owned Businesses at www.womanowned.com include business planning, staffing, marketing, certification and more.
- From the Wall Street Journal's Center for Entrepreneurs, their online Startup Journal: www.startup.wsj.com.
- Ohio's 1st Stop Business Connection, a program sponsored by the Ohio Department of Development's Small Business Development Centers and the U.S. Business Administration, provides free state-level information needed to get started on your entrepreneurial journey. You call 1.800.248.4040 or visit the Ohio Department of Development at their website: www.odod.state.oh.us
|2014 Tax Rates For West Chester Township, Butler County|
|Income Tax:||No local income tax|
|Sales Tax:||6.50% (Ohio 5.75% + County 0.75%)|
|Lakota School District (M56)||Princeton School District (M58)|
|Property Tax: *||2.70||2.67|
* Ohio does not tax personal property, only real property
Source: Ohio Department of Taxation, October 2014