Are You Prepared for an Emergency?
Emergencies come in all shapes and sizes. They can be related to natural or man-made circumstances and they can be of a large, community-wide scale, or just affect one neighborhood Regardless of the type of emergency, the planning tools in most cases are the same.
Know what to do before, during and after an emergency.
It is important to know that West Chester Township has planned, prepared and trained to handle all types of emergency situations and works together with Butler County, state and federal agencies, as well as surrounding jurisdictions to be prepared.
Residents, however, must also be trained and prepared to manage independently for some period of time when a widespread emergency occurs. Emergency personnel will be called on to handle the most critical situations first and residents and businesses may have to rely on their own training and planning until help can arrive.
Stay connected to your community: West Chester Township will utilize a variety of resources to keep residents informed during a crisis. Make sure you're connected in the following ways:
- Save WestChesterOH.org as a "favorite" on your home and work computer, as well as your mobile device
- SUBSCRIBE TO THE MONTHLY ENEWSLETTER for West Chester as the subscriber list may be used as a means for distributing critical information
- Registered to receive Communicator messages
- 759-3036 is a recorded information line and will serve as a means for delivering some basic information regarding recovery from an emergency
- Follow West Chester on Twitter (@westchestertwp) and Facebook
Make a Plan:
Prepare, plan and stay informed for emergencies.
West Chester officials plan and execute emergency plans every day on a variety of scales. It is just as important that residents and businesses be prepared for any type of emergency. The Federal Emergency Management Agency and a variety of others offer the following information and planning guides for use.
Build a Kit:
Start today. Gather the items that your family and/or business will need to have accessible during an emergency. Store the kit in a safe place and check on it regularly to make sure it stays current and well stocked.