Mosquito population monitored in West Chester
The Butler County Health Department will trap and monitor mosquito populations throughout the summer months to study possible health concerns related to the insects. Traps have been placed in trees near the West Chester Safety and Services Center Building, out of public reach, and will be monitored by the Butler County Health Department.
Remember these simple tips to protect yourself and others from mosquito-borne illness:
- Wear repellent over sunscreen
- Eliminate sources of standing water
- Wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants
- Spray insecticide around perimeter of house
- Check window and door screens and repair if necessary.
VIDEO: Zika Awareness