West Chester Park Rules
The following rules apply to West Chester Township facilities, including: Beckett Park, Keehner Park, The Square @ Union Centre, The Port Union Historic Canal Trail and Mill Creek Conservation Corridor, The Station Road Schoolhouse and The National Voice of America Museum of Broadcasting and surrounding property.
*Additional rules apply to use of The Muhlhauser Barn and are found on the rental contract for use of the Muhlhauser Barn
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited. Alcohol is permitted under approved State Liquor Permit with permission from West Chester Township for a qualifying event. Alcohol may not be brought into the park.
- Park hours are dawn to dusk.
- All trash must be disposed of in receptacles.
- Dumping is prohibited and is in violation of Ohio Revised Code.
- No signs shall be placed in Township parks without prior approval.
- Parking is permitted only in designated areas.
- No motorized vehicles are permitted on grass without prior approval.
- Vandalism and destruction of property will be investigated and prosecuted.
- Fires are restricted to grills, fire circles and fireplaces. West Chester Township permit is required for use of fire circles and fireplace. PERMIT APPLICATION
- Pets must be on a leash and under control at all times. Owners must pick up after their pets.
- Funds must not be solicited or admission charged without prior approval from West Chester Township as part of an event.
- West Chester Township makes no warranties as to the fitness of its facilities for a particular purpose
- West Chester Township assumes no responsibility for damage or loss of any persons or property
- Excessive noise is prohibited
- No digging or spiking of grounds permitted without prior approval from West Chester Township
- The use of inflatable amusements, horse and carriages, petting zoos and/or other amusements requires prior approval from West Chester Township
- Park ponds are not stocked by man, but by nature. Catch and release fishing is permitted.
Some Activities NOT Permitted (not inclusive):
Takeoff or landing of hot air balloons, hunting, hitting golf balls, paintball and/or air soft gun play, skateboarding, operation of gas-powered remote control models, loud music or noise, automotive repair or the storing of vehicles
Events at Township facilities require prior approval of West Chester Township. COMMUNITY EVENT PERMIT
Shelters are available by reservation.