2012 West Chester Photography Contest
The Arts Council of West Chester and Liberty & West Chester Township
Call for Entries:
Amateur photographers of all ages are encouraged to capture West Chester in all its glory throughout the year and enter the 2012 West Chester Photography Contest. Photos can be of local parks, facilities, events, activities, etc.
Photographs may be submitted throughout the year. The last day to submit photographs for consideration is December 31, 2012. Photos will be accepted at West Chester Township Administration Offices, 9113 Cincinnati-Dayton Road during regular office hours, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, except holidays.
Prizes will be awarded to the top three entries in the adult category and the top three entries in the student category. Submissions will also be placed on display in public buildings throughout the community with credit given to the photographer.
Entries will be judged by a panel of professional artists and photographers with winners announced January 31, 2013.
- Competition is open to amateur photographers. An amateur photographer is defined as a person who does not earn his/her living as a full or part time photographer or teacher of photography.
- Entrants may not submit more than two photographs in this contest.
- Each entry must be submitted with a complete entry form attached to the back of the photograph. There is no entry fee.
- Students (age 17 and under) and adults must be identified on the entry form. Students may enter in either category, but not both. Adults (18 & over) may enter only in the adult category.
- Only the taker of the photograph can enter it in the contest. By entering the contest, you are giving West Chester Township permission to publish and display the image free of reproduction fees. The photographer will be credited where practical as the photographer.
- Images must comply with the following:
- Medium: Photograph in print form only and on cd
- Format: Photo size 8x10 or 8x12, mounted and matted. Overall size must be 11x14. Do not frame the photograph
- Color or black and white prints will be accepted
- Digital prints will be accepted, but if the image is digitally manipulated, it must be stated on the entry form
Photographic prints other than described above will not be accepted.