Welcome to West Chester's newsroom. The department of Integrated Multimedia & Marketing is committed to sharing important news with the West Chester community and the media.
West Chester's public information team is prepared to respond to requests for information and work within tight deadlines to support our local media organizations.. Working with the media is critical to successful communication with the general public. West Chester's communications team works with the media to ensure accuracy and transparency in a responsive manner. Please contact us first for information or to schedule an interview with a subject expert from our team of professional public servants. Media contact.
West Chester to consider proposals for Station Road Schoolhouse property
The West Chester Board of Trustees will accept proposals regarding the sale and future use of the Station Road Schoolhouse, located near the Olde West Chester corridor.
West Chester Township purchased the Station Road Schoolhouse property, 6670 Station Road, in 1999. At the time the property included the existing two-room schoolhouse, a small barn and a small cottage. The building had been converted into a private residence, but West Chester restored the building to preserve the nature of the original schoolhouse. The cottage was demolished.
A pre-bid meeting will take place at 2 p.m., August 13 at the Station Road Schoolhouse.
In 1875, a one-room brick schoolhouse was built on the site to serve the community’s children. The schoolhouse, known as District School No. 3, was destroyed by fire in 1900.
The existing two-room schoolhouse was built upon the same foundation in 1900. The first four grades were accommodated in one room and grades five through eight used the second room. At this time, children of the community who were able to pursue a high school education had to do so in Hamilton or Lockland.
The Station Road Schoolhouse, District School No. 3, was operational until 1917 when the Union Centralized School, formerly on Cincinnati-Dayton Road, was constructed. This new building included students from first through 12th grade.