Welcome to West Chester's newsroom. The department of Public Information & Engagement is committed to sharing important news with the West Chester community and the media.
West Chester's public information team is prepared to respond to requests for information and work within tight deadlines to support our local media organizations.. Working with the media is critical to successful communication with the general public. West Chester's communications team works with the media to ensure accuracy and transparency in a responsive manner. Please contact us first for information or to schedule an interview with a subject expert from our team of professional public servants. Media contact.
List of West Chester Township events canceled or postponed
Out of an abundance of caution for the health and wellbeing of the community and with guidance from the Ohio Governor’s office regarding the COVID-19 outbreak, West Chester officials and local partners have decided to postpone or cancel certain upcoming public community events and gatherings.
The following events are postponed or canceled:
- Canceled March 14 – Shamrock Shuffle
- Canceled March 14 – Muhlhauser Barn Open House
- Postponed March 16 - Zoning Commission - moved to April 20
- Postponed March 17 - Election Day (UPDATE: The new Election Day is Tuesday, April 28, 2020. Visit elections.bcohio.us for more information about voting by mail.)
- Closed March 17 thru April 5 - MidPointe Library System
- Canceled March 20 – Armchair Program
- Canceled March 23-27 - Lakota College S.A.F.E. Class
- Canceled March 30 - April 3 - Lakota College S.A.F.E. Class
- Remote learning April 8 - Nature Basket goes virtual! Watch from home online.
- Canceled April 11 – WCFD Organization Easter Egg Hunt
- Canceled April 20 - Zoning Resolution Rewrite Public Meeting
- Canceled April 20 - Zoning Commission Meeting
- Canceled April 25 - Drug Take-Back Day
- Canceled April 25 - Spring RASKALS service project. Planning continues for fall 2020.
- Canceled thru the April - West Chester Farmers Market
- Closed until April 30 – National Voice of America Museum of Broadcasting
- Canceled May 2 - Spring Farmers Market
- Remote learning May 6 - Nature Basket goes virtual! Watch from home online.
- Canceled May 15-16 - Buckeye BBQ Fest
- Canceled May 23 - Setting of the Flags
- Canceled May 25 - Memorial Day Parade
- Canceled June 8-12 - Lakota College S.A.F.E. Class
- Canceled for the month of June - The Takeover summer concerts
- Canceled for the month of June - Keehner Park Concert Series performances
- Canceled June 12 - Touch A Truck
Check back regularly for updates to this list.
West Chester officials will reevaluate the status of future events every 30 days.
In addition, the West Chester Fire and Police departments are limiting non-essential public appearances and community outreach in the coming weeks to reduce risk of contact and potential illness among first responders because of non-essential service.
Official public meetings are expected to convene as scheduled. West Chester TV broadcasts the live-to-tape meetings on Spectrum and posts meeting videos to Vimeo. Find an archive of meeting videos, agendas and meeting minutes online at www.WestChesterOH.org.
For the latest news on COVID-19 and steps to take to manage health risks and concerns, it is always best to seek information from official sources such as the Centers for Disease Control and Butler County Health Department.
In addition to regular visits to the CDC and Butler Health Department websites for information, taking the time to follow your local community communication channels is also important. West Chester will communicate critical information about local response through its electronic newsletter and official social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Nextdoor.com).
For calendar updates, check back regularly at www.WestChesterOH.org or call 513-759-7301.
Last updated May 7, 2020; 7:18 a.m.