The Community Services Department oversees many of those functions more commonly identified as "public works", including:
- Township's road system including pavement of roads, maintenance of curbs and culverts
- Construction projects such as the library, playgrounds, etc.
- Parks and township facilities including everything from mowing grass to addressing issues with HVAC systems
- Vehicle maintenance for everything from fire trucks to support vehicles
- Township cemeteries including maintenance and burials
The Community Services staff works collaboratively with many agencies to maintain the community's infrastructure and to provide exceptional service to the residents and businesses of West Chester.