The following rules apply to West Chester Township facilities, including: Beckett Park, Keehner Park, The Square @ Union Centre, The Port Union Historic Canal Trail and Mill Creek Conservation Corridor.
*Additional rules apply to use of The Muhlhauser Barn and are found on the rental contract for use of the Muhlhauser Barn
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited. Alcohol is permitted under approved State Liquor Permit with permission from West Chester Township for a qualifying event. Alcohol may not be brought into the park.
- Park hours are dawn to dusk.
- All trash must be disposed of in receptacles.
- Dumping is prohibited and is in violation of Ohio Revised Code.
- No signs shall be placed in Township parks without prior approval.
- Parking is permitted only in designated areas.
- No motorized vehicles are permitted on grass without prior approval.
- Vandalism and destruction of property will be investigated and prosecuted.
- Fires are restricted to grills, fire circles and fireplaces. West Chester Township permit is required for use of fire circles and fireplace. Permit Application [PDF]
- Pets must be on a leash and under control at all times. Owners must pick up after their pets.
- Funds must not be solicited or admission charged without prior approval from West Chester Township as part of an event.
- West Chester Township makes no warranties as to the fitness of its facilities for a particular purpose
- West Chester Township assumes no responsibility for damage or loss of any persons or property
- Excessive noise is prohibited
- No digging or spiking of grounds permitted without prior approval from West Chester Township.
- The use of inflatable amusements, horse and carriages, petting zoos and/or other amusements are not permitted.
- Park ponds are not stocked by man, but by nature. Catch and release fishing is permitted.
Some Activities NOT Permitted (not inclusive):
Takeoff or landing of hot air balloons, hunting, hitting golf balls, paintball and/or air soft gun play, skateboarding, operation of gas-powered remote control models, loud music or noise, automotive repair or the storing of vehicles
Events at Township facilities require prior approval of West Chester Township. Community Event Application [PDF]