The West Chester Road Division maintains about 220 miles of road in the Township, handling everything from snow removal to sweeping to paving.
The staff of the road division, part of the Community Services Department, also maintains and repairs curbs, berms, catch basins, culverts, and potholes; trims overgrown trees in right-of-way; mows right-of-way along Township streets and cleans ditches.
The road division works closely with the Butler County Engineer's Office, the Ohio Department of Transportation and the Transportation Improvement District on projects affecting roads within West Chester.
West Chester is responsible for maintaining:
- All dedicated streets in West Chester Township
- School lights on Beckett Ridge, Cox Road, LeSourdsville-West Chester Road, Tylersville Road and Smith Road.
West Chester is NOT responsible for traffic lights in the community.
All street lights (not traffic lights) are the responsibility of Duke Energy.
Not all roads in West Chester Township are maintained by West Chester. Some roads are maintained by Butler County and others by the State of Ohio.
The Ohio Department of Transportation
The Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) is responsible for all street intersections (stop signs, right-of-way, etc.) on the following roads:
- State Route 747 (call (513) 863-6609 for maintenance issues)
- Interstate 75
- State Route 42 (Cincinnati-Columbus Road)
- Traffic Lights on State Route 747 and State Route 42
- Traffic Lights on Cincinnati-Dayton Road, at Interstate 75 ramps
For information regarding the maintenance of these roads, call (800) 831-2142 (after business hours, ext. 315)
The Butler County Engineer's Office
The Butler County Engineer's Office also maintains some roads in West Chester Township. For issues related to the following roads, call (513) 867-5744 or visit link above.
- Smith Road
- Beckett Road
- Tylersville Road
- Port Union Road
- Muhlhauser Road
- Cincinnati-Dayton Road
- Union Centre Boulevard
- Lakota Drive West
- Crescentville Road (from Cincinnati-Dayton Road to Windisch Road)
- Crescentville Road (north half from Chesterdale to State Route 4).
- Springdale is responsible for south half (513) 777-6835
- Cox Road (north of Tylersville Road to Liberty Way)
- West Chester Road (between Cincinnati-Dayton Road and Beckett/Rialto Road)
- Street intersections at the above locations (except at ODOT intersections)
- Traffic lights at the above locations (except at ODOT intersections)
- Traffic lights on Tylersville Road at Interstate 75
Crescentville Road (from Windisch Road to Chesterdale) and Fields Ertel Road are the responsibility of the City of Sharonville. They can be reached at (513) 563-1177.
Butler-Warren Road (east half, just south of Tylersville Road to Barret Road) is the responsibility of City of Mason. They can be reached at (513) 459-1665.
Butler-Warren Road - Fields Ertel Road to Lake Chetac is the responsibility of Warren County. They can be reached at (513) 925-1376.