West Chester Township benefits from a full-time professional Fire Department, with a part-time complement, providing fire suppression and emergency medical services while focusing on prevention and education in the community.
The Township is served from five fully operational fire stations located throughout the community to provide efficient response times to all residents of the community.
The Fire Department is organized into five bureaus:
- Administrative Bureau - responsible for the administration of the department including staffing and budgeting;
- Operations Bureau - responsible for day-to-day operations of the department, equipment and the fire stations;
- Risk Management Bureau - responsible for advanced training of firefighters/EMTs;
- Emergency Medical Services - responsible for the operations related to emergency medical response;
- Loss Prevention - responsible for enforcement of the fire code and promoting fire prevention and safety throughout the community with special events and classes.
The West Chester Fire Department is funded by a voter-approved levy last approved in 2006. The Fire Department continues to maintain costs within the constraints of that levy.
The Fire Department responds to approximately 6,000 calls for service annually.