Applications accepted YEAR-ROUND - apply now!
Climb a different type of career ladder. West Chester offers opportunities for part-time firefighters to advance careers and gain powerful industry experience.
Working as part of a team, the West Chester provides fire protection and emergency medical services to a community of 62,000 residents, 3,000 businesses occupying 35 square miles. The largest Township in the state of Ohio.
The West Chester Fire Department operates from five fire stations that are open for business 24 hours a day/seven days a week/365 days a year.
Personnel respond to 6,000 diverse calls for service annually.
- Varied corporate population including large warehouse and manufacturing facilities;
- Residential, corporate offices and medical facilities of more than five stories in height;
- Railroad access;
- Major interstate with three primary interchanges;
- Diverse residential population.
The West Chester Fire Department accepts applications year-round and offers:
- Advanced apparatus & equipment
- Competitive wages & scheduled days off
- Career advancement
- Have current Firefighter and EMS certifications (Level II);
- Can pass a physical capability test, polygraph, background and drug screen;
- Seek opportunities for professional development and career advancement